Saturday is Volunteers’ Day in the WRCA.
Starting from October, Women’s Resource Center will be open on Saturdays, but only for volunteers. Saturday is declared volunteers’ day in the WRCA.
Volunteers can visit WRCA every Saturday from 13:00-20:00. During this time volunteers will have an opportunity to carry out both group and individual work, spend good time, to initiate and participate in various debates, movie screenings, reading evenings, meet other volunteers, to learn about the work of the Women's Resource Center etc.
''I believe in dreams" European Weightlifting Champion in 2015, four-time Armenian weightlifting champion, Arpine Dalalyan.
Recently we have had the honor to speak a sixteen years old European Weightlifting Champion in 2015, four-time Armenian weightlifting champion, Arpine Dalalyan.
- Welcome Arpine! I would like to congratulate you on behalf of our team on your brilliant victory. Could you tell us how long have you been weightlifting?
- Hello, thank you. I have been training with weightlifting for 5 years already.
- And what achievements have you had during all of these years?
- I’m a four-time Armenian champion, but the biggest success I have had was winning the title of European Weightlifting Champion in 2015.
- Can you tell us why you chose weightlifting?
- It was my grandfather who introduced me to weightlifting.
- Did your grandfather practice weightlifting?
- No, he just loved sports and encouraged me to go to weightlifting.
- Have you ever thought about quitting weightlifting?
- No, I love weightlifting more day by day.
- Have you ever met any obstacles during these years?
- Yes, a lot!
“Follow your heart” – the 17-year-old European weightlifting vice champion said to her peers.
The Armenian female team showed brilliant results in the Junior European Weightlifting Championship. Of the four participants, two brought home gold medals and one brought silver. A 13-year-old athlete ranked 4th place, and Armenian weightlifters achieved unprecedented success in the tournament overall by winning 14 gold, 11 silver and 4 bronze medals.
As women we are proud to have such physically strong and spiritually resilient young women who serve as an example not only for teenage girls, but also for our whole society.
Recently we have had the honor to host one of the medalists, 17-year-old weightlifter Sona Poghosyan. We spoke to her about her impressive achievement in the competition.
- Welcome Sona, let me congratulate you on behalf of our team on your achievements. Can you tell us how long you have been weightlifting?
- Hello, thank you. I started my weightlifting journey 4 years ago.
- Can you briefly describe the competition?
- It was the under-15 and under-17 European Weightlifting Championships. I participate in both U15 and U17. The competition was held in Sweden. This year we had great success, as both our girls’ team and boys’ team came home with great results.
- «Ձեր դասընթացների շնորհիվ ես կարողանում եմ նորից ասել, որ ես հպարտ եմ, որ կին եմ» ՝ ամփոփելով Կանանց իրավունքներին նվիրված դասընթացների շարքը:
- “The Iron Lady” movie screening at WRCA FilmClub
- Women in Armenia: in the Search of the Lost “Queens”: public lectures
- ''Million Dollar Baby'' movie screening at WRCA