The Women’s Resource Center (hereafter WRC) was established in 2003 and operates in the territory of the Republic of Armenia.
The WRC is a feminist human rights organization with a vision to:
• Establish the equal and self-determined status of women in Armenian society;
• Eliminate oppression and restrictions on women by patriarchal societal standards.
Our mission is to:
• Empower and support different groups of women and girls;
• Identify and reduce cultural, systemic manifestations of discrimination and violence against women;
• Spread feminist ideology and support women’s united struggle against inequalities created by the patriarchal system.
Through its activities, the WRC strives for social and normative change- influencing state policy, legislative and socio-cultural spheres.
The WRC focuses on three main areas: Sexual and Reproductive Health and Rights; Advocacy for women’s rights, and Feminist safe spaces and empowerment of women and girls.