Since February 2007, a branch of the Women’s Resource Centre NGO has been functioning in Shushi, Nagorno-karabagh. As in the Armenian branches, the Karabakh branch provides trainings directed at protecting women’s rights and empowering women living on the conflict zone. One of the key missions of the Centre is peace building activities.
The following trainings are provided in the frameworks of the Centre:
- Thematic meetings concerning sexual and reproductive education
- Awareness raising training about women’s rights
- Visits to different regions in Nagorno-Karabagh.
- Psychological support and dealing with the past
- Youth for equality program
- Culture of peace among school children
- Self-help support group for women affected by the conflict.